Thursday, February 27, 2014

Challenges

Challenges are what makes most scenarios interesting, such as movie plots. For projects, when challenges are dealt with, it forces people to slightly change the project or think differently. I am having trouble finding out what I am going to do for my final product. As engineers, it is natural for them to constantly innovate new ideas. This creativity differs from my personality. I feel that I should meet other people's expectations, to follow the crowd. If I were to come up with something new, rejection would be my greatest fear. Shame would flow throughout my whole body. So I have been trying to turn to my uncle for ideas and thoughts on the final product, but he has been busy with his company. Whether he has been working until late at night or going on business trips, I could not ask the man for help. He was tired and needed rest. So without his help and not much parent involvement, I decided to try to find something on the internet that seemed doable and did not require multiple people directly assisting me with the project. The problem was that projects like airplanes showing properties of aerodynamics was too simple, but water-powered engines seemed too difficult. But now I realized that I should start thinking differently to overcome this challenge. Although I am still trying to find out what I should do, I understand that I should start thinking outside the box.

This picture of a person struggling to open a door can relate to my challenge on the 20% project. While the door remains an obstacle, I am unable to pass because I am only thinking of one way, by pulling the door. If I were to be more creative, like to push the door or use a key, I would be able to realize what is there for me. But until I am able to open this door, I am still left wondering what awaits me.
http://coach-izzy-talks-fitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/pull-door.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate your honesty in this post. I also am happy to see that you recognize the need to "start thinking outside the box." You are very self-aware and that is uncommon in a person your age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information Window replacement

    ReplyDelete